Promotion given & taken back very next month

In Feb 2015 there was mass up gradation/promotion (22 staff) of admin staff in my school (DPS). School by and large follows central Govt. rules. I was also promoted to the next pay band, which is mentioned/ reflected in my Feb 2015 pay slip. But in March 2015 my promotion/ up gradation along with 5 more staff taken back/reverted back. And the excess salary recovered in March 2015 salary slip. Is it not against a rule which says” Facility once provided, cannot be taken back” .On asking employer says” it happened by mistake. Can I fight this in court? If yes, on what basis?

Answers (1)

484 votes

Although there is no judgement or ruling which states that "Facility once provided, cannot be taken back”. There can be amendment in the rules of terms of employment or any other rules and accordingly the facility can be withdrawn by the employer.

Your query is silent whether, you were given any promotion letter?

In case you received a promotion letter then in such case you can file a case in the court and fight. However if no promotion letter is issued and its mainly on salary then it is difficult to prove that you or other employees were promoted.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles