Promise to pay for services rendered. No payment yet. What to do?

A call center is not paying me my dues of Rs. 1.5 Lacs for providing cabs to them. They even said that they will give me 2-3 years contract and asked me to form a formal firm. I made a firm and took 3-4 months in the process. But once the firm was made, they directly started dealing with all cabs and drivers and have not even paid my pending dues around Rs. 1.5 Lacs billed to them since Nov 2013.

I have their email acknowledgments stating they will pay but haven't got the payment till date. What should I do?

Answers (1)

161 votes

You can file a recovery suit for your 1.5 lacs along with the damages. You are entitled to interest as well. If you have any documents regarding contract then it will be very useful to prove your case. 

If the company is dealing with your employees, then you can file a criminal complaint against the company for cheating and criminal breach of trust. 

The copy of contract would perhaps help us to guide you better.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles