Procedure to claim leave salary after resigning from the company

Sir, I would like to draw your attention that I have joined in the West Bengal Govt undertaking on 13.04.2010 & resigned on 31.10.2017. At the time of resigned I have 177 days E.L.. Before resigned I gave proper notice period. Can I claim leave salary now.

Answers (1)

302 votes

Yes you can certainly claim. Our Calcutta High Court in various judgements have observed that the leave salary is an earned benefit and the employee is very much entitled to the same. You write a detailed representation stating your entire details, e.g. date of appointment, mode thereof, approval, resignation, notice periods, details of casual leave, last pay drawn etc. and send to all the authorities of your department, even then if you do not get your claim, move to Hon'ble High Court Calcutta or SAT Bikash Bhawan which is dependent upon which service you were in. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

my request for Compassionat ground appointment was delay by the railways for 15 years. finally i got my job with the help of Honable CAT. Can i approc…

Read More

I have signed bond of Rs. 2 lac for 2 yrs 6 months and I joined the company before 20 days and now I don't want to continue my job then i have to …

Read More

While hiring if the company promises something and after joining does not provide a salary description and incentive policy.what law is it breaking…

Read More

As my company says because of my poor performance the company will hold 50% salary. so i decide to quite the firm. but before quitting i like get clar…

Read More