Procedure for stepping up of pay anomaly case against PSU

R/Sir/Madam Please advise me for stepping up of Pay Anomaly case Can I persue my case in law of court, if Yes what is the procedure ? Joined PSU : Myself: May 2001 & other person: June 2001(both as Jr. Engineer (S1) i.e. same cadre and Pay scale) Promotion due on 1st April 2011 as Asstt. Engineer (E1) Myself promoted as Asstt. Engineer (16400-3%-40500) (E1 Grade) on 1st April 2011 after quilified the written exam & Interview both, but the Other Person Disqualified in the merit and not promoted as Asstt. Engineer but Management promoted him as Jr. Engineer Spl (16000-3%-40000)(S3 Grade). In the same stage both persons got the same basic pay after the promotional increament because both joine same cadre, same pay scale and in same LOP. But in the next year i.e. 1st April 2012, the other person promoted as Asstt. Engineer (E1) Due to this situation the other person got more salary than me i.e. due to one more increament than me even that person is one year junior to me in this cadre.

Answers (1)

276 votes

I have come across many cases like this. You should approach the administrative tribunal or file a writ before the high court for voilation of fundamental rights.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles