Previous employer transferred excess amount to me now wants refund

I was working as an assistant manager in an MNC private company. I was getting net salary of 22,000 rupees. My previous employer stated that they paid me 1,05,000 excess amount as my full and final settlement from February to August. They asked me to refund that money asap and if I won't then they'll take legal action against me. Please tell me what can I do now?

Answers (1)

235 votes

Dear sir,

Firstly you must calculate the amount that was payable to you and the amount paid by them. If there is no actual difference you are not required to refund anything if there is a difference you are to refund it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles