Previous employer asking money from new job salary as per bond signed

Sister was training with global solution. She signed a bond with previous employer on Rs. 100 bond paper. On the bond the it is written that global solution will train her 1 year and as per bond she has to for coming 3 years after training on joining any new company she has to pay 30% of the salary. Now the she got a job with L and T. L and T on background check, the previous employer gave verification for 2 projects but now on 3rd project the previous employer is asking for money now to give verification. Is she liable to pay or not?

Answers (2)

99 votes

on perusal of your question it prima facie appears that your sister will have to pay the agreed salary however it is advised that prior to any such step you should take opinion regarding the bond that is executed by your sister. Please share the appointment letter and other documents along with the detail of the bond executed. Please take an opinion on these lines before making any payment.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

107 votes

If it is through process of law then she is liable to pay, otherwise she could send a request email to the employer and settle it mutually, in case of refusal the said fact should be disclosed to the present employer to gain confidence over negative reports of earlier employer.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles