Past employer sent legal notice & retaining relieving letter & salary

My past employer have sent me legal notice demanding 5 lac as i have joined one of the client. When i resigned i informed them verbaly in the meeting 2 timea same day but no one objected instead encouraged but silently after 1 month sent me legal notice. They have my salary and releaving letter. What should i do.

Do you possess any resignation letter duly signed by your previous employer ?

If yes then it can be made as an evidence proving that you left the previous company following all terms and conditions (if set through an appointment letter) .

If no then other modes as making an eyewitness from within the previous office witnessing your innocence.

You should reply the legal notice firmly demanding the compensation of this action of the company. Your matter needs detailed discussion. I can draft you a good legal notice for you.

GOPAL VERMA
ADVOCATE ON RECORD
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA