Part Timer asked to leave without compensation and adequate notice

Father was working as a part time accountant with a private firm for over 27 years now and recently, he was asked to leave by his boss without adequate notice and any compensation. My questions are- 1. Do we have a law or rule to help my father get compensation for such a long service? Irrespective of being a part-timer 2. Should there be any notice provided to him before being asked to leave? 3. How do we defend our case if we file this in court?

Answers (1)

228 votes

First, we should check the terms and conditions of employment contract as to whether there is any provision for confirmation and notice period. Subsequently, we can challenge the termination. Even otherwise, considering his long length of service we can challenge the termination on principles of natural justice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Respected Sir, I want to know if a candidate of OBC-B get higher marks than a general candidate in a panel of recruitment of any examination, will he …

Read More

I've been working in a software company didn't too any holiday in the first month and they deducted my salary around 1600 ruppess and I asked …

Read More

Due to family land issues false case registered with my name iam not involved..during that time iam not in that village...iam student...I have proofs …

Read More

I joined japanese MNC as Am and after 3 years of service suddenly it is announced that designation of Indian staff is inflated am would be e…

Read More