Part Timer asked to leave without compensation and adequate notice

Father was working as a part time accountant with a private firm for over 27 years now and recently, he was asked to leave by his boss without adequate notice and any compensation. My questions are- 1. Do we have a law or rule to help my father get compensation for such a long service? Irrespective of being a part-timer 2. Should there be any notice provided to him before being asked to leave? 3. How do we defend our case if we file this in court?

First, we should check the terms and conditions of employment contract as to whether there is any provision for confirmation and notice period. Subsequently, we can challenge the termination. Even otherwise, considering his long length of service we can challenge the termination on principles of natural justice.