Only 33 years of services out 39 years calculated for gratuity.

I have worked in government school for 39 years now. Now i have retired, but at the time of calculating my gratuity only 33 years have been accounted for. As per labor laws all the working years are to be calculated. My pay scale was within applicable limit of labor laws. What can i do to claim rest of my gratuity?

Answers (1)

156 votes

Dear Sir, apparently, you have a very strong case in your favour. Please provide the date of appointment and retirement. The document showing the payment of gratuity and containing the calculation of gratuity. You must write to concerned authorities, immediately, raising this error in calculation. If you do not receive a favourable reply, then you may come back. Hope you get your dues.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles