One months salary is due and company is denying to give it to me.

The call centre I am working in is not giving me my 1 month salary. I have been working in this call centre for about 2.5 months now.

My first salary was also delayed by them. They say they cannot give me the salary because they could not arrange for it and that I did not do the required amount of sales for that month. What can I do now?

Answers (1)

409 votes

It depends on your employment contract, if it mentions that your salary is dependent on the amount of sales you are able to accomplish within a month then yes they can deduct your salary. 

However, if there is no such clause, then you can claim the entire salary from the Company. You should speak to the HR and accounts. However, if the said payment is not made then send them a legal notice demanding your unpaid salary within 30 days.

If the payment is not made within 30 days then you can initiate a recovery suit against the company for the payment of the unpaid salary. If the situate goes to filing a suit then you can also claim interest and damages for the mental harassment.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles