×

Notice period to company after absconding

Should I pay notice period pay to the company after absconding?

the civil side, the company can always call it a breach of employment contract and seek damages. If you decide to quit a job breaching the employment contract, it is assumed that you have wrong intentions. If the service contract says that you have to compensate for not serving the notice period then legally you are liable to pay. However to enforce this clause is not easy and it is very time taking

In the absence of any agreement to waive the notice requirement, an employee who refuses to work the notice period required by his or her contract of employment will, technically, be in breach of contract. In these circumstances, there will be no duty on the employer to pay the employee for any part of the notice period not worked.