Non payment of salaries for over 6 months

This pertains to non payment of Salaries for over 6 months by a start up employer based out of Bangalore. There have been multiple assurances by the founder on this front, however none of the mentioned deadlines have been honored. Since the founder has lost all credibility and does not seem have a plan of action to raise funds, intent to pay itself is questionable. I have not yet resigned from the services of this organization. What legal recourse is best suggested?

Answers (2)

207 votes

you can file a compliant under the payment of wages act 1936 before the competent authority . you have also choice to file complaint in the industrial tribunal. inspector under the payment of wages act may also file a criminal complaint against employer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

290 votes

You can send him a legal notice demanding the payment of the same. If your ex-employer still denies/ignores to comply to the same then you can file a civil recovery suit in the jurisdictional Civil court demanding the payment of the same along with the compensation.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles