Non payment of maternity benefit

I have been working in a private University as a permanent employee on probation from july 2013. I went on maternity leave from jan 2015 to March 2015. I was told i will be paid my maternity benefit once I join work---it's September and no payment has been made yet. Can I file a case?

Answers (1)

248 votes

you can file a case but as a first step you need to give representation to the concerned department on this issue. Thereafter on their reply you can approach the court. Also very importantly you need to check whether the private University provide any maternity benefits.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles