No info given regarding training expenses. Can company recover it?

I had worked with Ujjivan financial services (P) Ltd for 3 year 8 months. When I resigned from the company, at the time of Full & Final they had deducted around Rs. 20,000 saying it's training cost recovery.

Company ask me in July-13 to take training which lasted 13 days . During or after the training I was never told about this policy & I had not signed any paper in this regards.

Circular floated in Sept-13 said if you take training (Not optional, but have to go as per company rules), you have to bear the expenses.

Kindly advice.

Although as per your version, no cost was to be paid for the training conducted by the company, however, we would require to look at your employment agreeent, the notice issued by the company for the training and any mail / correspondence regarding the same issued by the company.

Once we review these documents, you can get a Legal notice issued for the recovery of the amount wrongfully debited from your full and final settlement. Incase, after the notice, the company doesnt pay the money, you can file a suit for recovery.