No info given regarding training expenses. Can company recover it?


I had worked with Ujjivan financial services (P) Ltd for 3 year 8 months. When I resigned from the company, at the time of Full & Final they had deducted around Rs. 20,000 saying it's training cost recovery.


Company ask me in July-13 to take training which lasted 13 days . During or after the training I was never told about this policy & I had not signed any paper in this regards.


Circular floated in Sept-13 said if you take training (Not optional, but have to go as per company rules), you have to bear the expenses.


Kindly advice.


Although as per your version, no cost was to be paid for the training conducted by the company, however, we would require to look at your employment agreeent, the notice issued by the company for the training and any mail / correspondence regarding the same issued by the company.


Once we review these documents, you can get a Legal notice issued for the recovery of the amount wrongfully debited from your full and final settlement. Incase, after the notice, the company doesnt pay the money, you can file a suit for recovery.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

I was recruited in a PSU through advt. in Employment News,Times of India,Hindustan Times followed by written test and interview against particular vac…

Read More

Sir, I am a center govt. Employee n department gave me joining on an condition. And condition is that if cwp pending in honable high Court will gave o…

Read More

I am in inspector of Post cadre in department of post under West Bengal Circle.i am now posted in Nadia district since nine month.formerly I was in re…

Read More

i am presently engineer in PSU and joined as a grade III employe. my wife is also teacher in basic shiksha vibhag in u.p. my salary income is around 1…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue