Money Recovery, can i file case in labor court or civil recovery court

I worked In company,i was eligible for incentive but company intentionally delete my name from the performers list. but everything is with me in black & white,in yearly appraisal my superior confirmed in writing that i achieved the target. I resigned from the company and relieved by them in proper way. i discussed this matter with lawyer and that lawyer is saying we have to file recovery thru court but i want to file that case in labour court. No employee was under me,i have no authority to sanction any leave to any body. My question is that can i file my case in labour court??

If the Company you worked for is a Public Sector Unit then you may approach the High Court by filing a Writ Petition. Depending on which sector your company operates in you may also file complaints before the sector specific regulator.

For example, if you were working at a bank you could file a complaint with the RBI. Only certain types of cases can be filed before the Labour Court, i.e. cases under the Industrial Disputes Act, the Workmen Compensation Act, the Employees State Insurance Act, and the Factories Act. One would need to know all the facts of your case before determining what the appropriate forum would be.