Money Recovery, can i file case in labor court or civil recovery court

I worked In company,i was eligible for incentive but company intentionally delete my name from the performers list. but everything is with me in black & white,in yearly appraisal my superior confirmed in writing that i achieved the target. I resigned from the company and relieved by them in proper way. i discussed this matter with lawyer and that lawyer is saying we have to file recovery thru court but i want to file that case in labour court. No employee was under me,i have no authority to sanction any leave to any body. My question is that can i file my case in labour court??

Answers (1)

411 votes

If the Company you worked for is a Public Sector Unit then you may approach the High Court by filing a Writ Petition. Depending on which sector your company operates in you may also file complaints before the sector specific regulator.

For example, if you were working at a bank you could file a complaint with the RBI. Only certain types of cases can be filed before the Labour Court, i.e. cases under the Industrial Disputes Act, the Workmen Compensation Act, the Employees State Insurance Act, and the Factories Act. One would need to know all the facts of your case before determining what the appropriate forum would be.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles