Mental Harassment in my working place. What should I do ?

I joined as a school librarian under West Bengal Govt. But after joining my post(2009) till today I have to work as a clerk,as a teacher and also other. Day by day my working load of others are increasing and library job is decreasing. School librarian​ post is single post so no one say for them. Boundly they do many others works. They have to digest much abuse and working load except library work. Please cooperate me, what can I do...? My head master and academic council boundary to do other works as like teaching and clerical.

Answers (3)

117 votes

Is it a Pure Govt school or Govt aided School? Pure Govt school never resort to practice as alleged by you.If Govt aided School, you are at liberty to keep inform the school managing committee. The Dist Inspector of schools or his authorised representative is a member of the school managing committee. I f your allegations are fallen on deaf ears, write to DI of Schools through proper channel.
If you don't get your grievances​ redressed within a reasonable period, the action to have legal relief can be thought of.
For further instructions contact lawRato.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

71 votes

What steps have you taken so far, have you ever communicate the school authority in written format?. If not then you should send a notice immediately. If it doesn't solve,Then you can proceed before the court of law.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
289 votes

MY OPINION THAT i have follow your complain,as well as you have bring the legitimate demand /demands for your actual work designation as an librarian at Govt. school, so your day of seniority should be calculated from your date of joining, in respect of the particular post no other work should not be accepted in any further ,which is not constitutional, illegal, unethical, beyond the service rules,you should at competent forum.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles