Maternity leave salary payment issue

Hi, I work in a private limited company. They are giving me 3 months maternity leave but the salary for these 3 months will be paid to me after I join office after my maternity leave and work for 80 days. Please tell me if this is right what they are doing.

All of it depends upon the terms of the employee agreement that you might have signed at the time of your employment. In case no such clause exists, they are not authorised and it is illegal to withhold the income for which you have already worked. In that circumstance you have the option to sue them for money recovery and in case your employer falls under the definition of an "Industry" under the Industrial Disputes Act, then you can move to the industrial tribunal for the recovery of the said amount.