Legality of giving resignation while on the maternity leave

Hi, I am on maternity leave right now and wish to resign from my company. I have already received 3 months maternity leave salary. I plan to resign now as that I can give them 3 months notice period as per the contract. My questions are: 1. Do I have to go to work and serve the notice period? 2. Am I entitled to receive the rest 3 months salary if I don't go t work to serve the notice period but just resign. Thanks

As per latest modification in the law the maternity leave can be extended by an organization from present three months to six months of maternity leave. But maternity benefits can be revoked by that organization in case a women employee changes the job during that period. A working women also has right to ask for light jobs during pregnancy. you may attend your work or you can extend your maternity leave for next 3 months. don't worry you can take your salary during maternity leave as per Act. you can resign but think about your upcoming baby future. extend your maternity leave for 3 months.