Legal remedy regarding refusal of gratuity

Dear sir I have been working in a share broking firm for more than 11 year I quit the job and joined kvs now the offering me 50% of my gratuity and saying if you will registered a case against us we will not give any amount and we will show training cost in this amount , I want to know sir there were no increment since 4 years still they are refusing my gratuity...what should I do

Answers (1)

184 votes

Training cost cannot be deducted from gratuity. And after putting in 11 years training cost cannot be recovered under any guise.

You are entitled to 100% of the gratuity.

So far as you not getting an increment is concerned, you cannot claim anything against it unless your contract specifies that you are entitled for such increment.

You should approach the labour court. The labour inspector will first initiate a conciliation proceeding and call both parties together to resolve the issue. If the conciliation proceeding fails he will forward the report with a recommendation to the labour court.

You will have to contest the case before the labour court in that case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles