Legal remedy as pension and PF stopped due to wrong date birth

Hello, for a state government job my father took help of some person many years back where he convinced changing the date of birth in the joining details. This was 30 years ago during start of 1980's. When my father was about to retire last year he demanded huge amount threatening about the wrong date of birth. My father denied his demands and reported to his superiors but no considerable action was taken. My father has a very good record in his job and all his service records shows the same date which was more that 6 years than the actual date of birth. His designation was a very low rank in the forest department. After his retirement, that person filed a report to my father's office and the office feared to clear my father's PF and pension documents. It's been more than 6 months they have not cleared it and delaying the process. We would like have your opinion on how to proceed on this. We can pay any amount of fine to the governement but do not want to pay a penny to him. Advice us

Answers (1)

293 votes

First your father has to lodge a complaint with his Superior where he retired. If the problem is not solved you have to move Administration Tribunal for Justice. Altering Date of birth is a complicated matter in service.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles