Legal procedure to recover pending salary dues from employer

Hi, I left an employer on may 2017. However my 2 months salary and reimbursement amounting to 1.2 Lakhs are pending since. Employer was from Pune and i was hired for Mumbai role. Kindly advice how do i take it forward. Right now i am staying in Ahmedabad

Answers (2)

196 votes

Sir, you should be send him notice to recovery of amount if he denies then file recovery suit in Court and deal your suit on all can file suit in pune or mumbai.but better way to arbitrate and try to settle your issue with your employer to avoid your disturbance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

136 votes

1. You can write a personal grievance letter to the employer/company stating that he owes you the salary as well as reimbursement of 1.2 lakhs;
2. If your employer still does not respond issue a a legal notice drafted by a lawyer;
3. You can at the last stage file a 420 cheating case vide an FIR in the nearest police station;
4. You can also approach the court and file a suit for recovery of money.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles