Legal procedure to get my notice period reduced

Hello, I have 3 months notice period which i have signed, but due to some personal issues,i m not able to serve 3 months. i'm ready to serve 2 months notice period. I'm not ready for buy-out option. but they have already relived one person with 2 weeks notice period without buy-out option. Is there any option for legal procedure?

Answers (1)

197 votes

You will have to talk to your employer regarding the issue and you can offer to compensate the employer as it is the only way for the same in case you have some work pending or your sudden resignation can in any way cause loss to your employer then, your employer can demand buy-out period for the same. The other employee you were talking about may have talked and come to settlement with the employer. Thus, you will have to talk to your employer for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles