Legal procedure in case employer terminates without reasonable grounds

What should I do if i am asked to resign just because i am not able to attend Final PTM in my school.. They are not giving me a last warning..

Answers (3)

105 votes

Please ask the Management to give you in writing for what they want you to do!!
After you tell them this, I believe that they will not dare to ask a forceful resignation from you.
Apart, please do not think of giving any apology unless separately asked from you in writing.
And from the next time onward please ensure that you avail leave with prior information unless it is due to any sickness!!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

69 votes

Being a teacher , the concerned individual must be self disciplined.Due to any reason beyond his/her control,he/she could not attend parents teacher meeting, he/she should inform the controlling authority before hand so that alternative administrative arrangement can be decided by such authority well in advance.Be that as it may, you can approach the authority to allow you to offer your explanation justifying the ground (s) for your absence in the PMT. I hope and trust that if your explanation is justified, you will be given an opportunity to continue with the organisation.For further instructions contact lawRato.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
337 votes

Apparently the ground you are saying to be the reason of your termination, seems to be trifling and you obviously deserve to be given a show cause or warning for that before they terminate you from service. It seems that you are in non Government Sector, otherwise you would have had plenty ways out, however, now you write a detailed demand of justice and state the sufficient cause why you were resisted from attending the final PTM and request them to regularize your service, but if it does not work, immediately move to the industrial tribunal concerned and expressing your grievances file a petition there over, you will certainly get relief. All the best. Regards

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Please give guidance as our company is terminating me after joining from Maternity Leave. they are giving only the days i have worked after joining ba…

Read More

I was worked with a ltd company,since last2007,as on 03/03/16 I gote a termination letter with imidiat efecta,without any reason,when I was working ,d…

Read More

the employer terminated the employment without the resignation of employee and not even the notice by the employer before termination. What is the max…

Read More

I was working in a senior position in a limited company near kolkata. Suddenly they hv removed me from my job without any reason. Management even hold…

Read More