legal laws involved when an employee wishes to work after office hour

I work for a KPO , valuation outsourcing firm. If i wish to work as a freelancer offering my services to my own clients ( who are not me company client), can I do it? Are there any legalities involved in it and do I have to inform my company when I do so ?

I would have to see your employment contract terms to answer this. There may be a clause which prohibits you from doing this. You should not use your office premises or office facilities for your personal work. If nothing is mentioned in your employment contract which prohibits you from doing your person work then you can easily do your own freelancing.