Legal action against salary dues not paid

Hi Team, my employer has has not paid me salary from past 2 months, i have newly joined the company. My !st month salary was paid but later he did not pay me any salary, Now he has sent me not performance issue mail, As i have gone to police to complaint about him. 1st month he has not even given my salary slip. he claims his company to be ISO9001-2000 certified, Kindly help.

Answers (3)

147 votes

Employer must pay for the work you have done. He can not deny to pay, unless the contract of employment otherwise provides. But the remedy is not with the police but with the machinery established under the Labour Laws. You can also file civil suit for recovery.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

138 votes

You can do the following:

1. You can file a complaint against your employer to the company;
2. You can file a criminal case against the company under Indian Penal Code;
3. You can send him a legal notice drafted by a lawyer;
4. After all this still yields no result, you approach the court.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
177 votes

As first you send a Formal notice by yourelf or through Advocate with time specification, if the Company not responded, then you can file a letter to Asst. Labour Commissioner, Within fifteen days the Asst.Commissioner Office will call you and your company also for conciliation. If the issue not settled there, then you can go for legal recourse.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles