Legal action against promised project not given to employee by an MNC

I have 16 years of work experience in finance and working with an MNC. When I had joined this MNC in 2014, I was told that I'll be sent abroad (in email) however, I was offered a lower position than current one at that time. In this lower position I was told I'll be given a project but it never happened and I am doing data entry and secretarial job since last 3 years. I had been reaching out to my managers (not based in India) and they are not doing anything about it. Also, my managers had asked me to work when my wife was under going operation. My career seems totally lost. Can I file a case against this organization?

Answers (2)

250 votes

There is no agreement between you and your employer about project work. You are working in a private organisation. Employer can use your services according organisation needs and it is upto you to work or not. No. You can not file a case against your employer or even if you file the case can not stand

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

208 votes

Hello Sir,

No, you cannot file a case against the organisation, there is no injustice caused to you. If the company not treating you well, not giving a project as agreed by them, not sending you abroad, you just understand that something wrong going there either on your part or on the part of the management. When things are not good in your employment, it is better to leave the Company.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles