Left job in an insurance company without settling dues as in contract

I got a job in insurance company and they made me sign a contract of 3 years without my informing me. It was also my fault for signing the document without reading it. I left that company after 2-3 months without notice for better prospect. This was in 2012. Since then I have received letters from company to settle full and final payment. I had to pay 6000 rs to settle the claim. Last week I received a letter from the company saying I have to pay 31000 (6000+25000 legal charges) or they will start legal proceedings against me. Please advice what should be done in this matter.

Answers (3)

law help to vigilant not to sleepy. you has to read out contract when was contract signed by you. because company policy was binding on you when u signed tht contract.now you have to negotiate the matter and find out better solution for both of you. FNF should be pay if u breach the contract. if they will take legal action so u might be in loss. so settle down your issue and fine better prospective

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

I need to know the following:
1. Firstly I need to see the terms and conditions of the contract;
2. Need to see the settlement claim sent by your company to you;
3. Have they issued a legal notice to you?

Before they initiate proceedings against you, you should send them a legal notice.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
23 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience

Dear Client,

It seems that you had signed a contract with the company to serve them for at least 3 years failing which you are liable to be sued or pay compensation as per the contract.

Hence, you need to fulfill the contract position and conditions.

Please get in touch with me with details of contract copy and other information for proper guidance and advise.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

i served a nationalized bank for 16 months on regular basis. i earned some privilege leave and also overtime (which settled by union and management la…

Read More

one of my x-employee doctor (at my clinic) has gone to mahila ayog and complained that i am not paying 6000 rs to her. she used to work at my clinic 1…

Read More

greetings, i wanted to know that my servant has been working for 15 years...and suddenly he left his job all his salaries are paid by cheques only mis…

Read More

Sir, I have been terminated on baseless reason and there are other dues i.e., due salary, bonus, overtime, conveyance, compensation for illegal termin…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue