Left job in an insurance company without settling dues as in contract

I got a job in insurance company and they made me sign a contract of 3 years without my informing me. It was also my fault for signing the document without reading it. I left that company after 2-3 months without notice for better prospect. This was in 2012. Since then I have received letters from company to settle full and final payment. I had to pay 6000 rs to settle the claim. Last week I received a letter from the company saying I have to pay 31000 (6000+25000 legal charges) or they will start legal proceedings against me. Please advice what should be done in this matter.

law help to vigilant not to sleepy. you has to read out contract when was contract signed by you. because company policy was binding on you when u signed tht contract.now you have to negotiate the matter and find out better solution for both of you. FNF should be pay if u breach the contract. if they will take legal action so u might be in loss. so settle down your issue and fine better prospective

I need to know the following:
1. Firstly I need to see the terms and conditions of the contract;
2. Need to see the settlement claim sent by your company to you;
3. Have they issued a legal notice to you?

Before they initiate proceedings against you, you should send them a legal notice.

Dear Client,

It seems that you had signed a contract with the company to serve them for at least 3 years failing which you are liable to be sued or pay compensation as per the contract.

Hence, you need to fulfill the contract position and conditions.

Please get in touch with me with details of contract copy and other information for proper guidance and advise.