Laws regarding overtime allowance for female employees in pvt. sector.

My employer is well reputed MNC. I worked on site it Dubai. Now they have denied my overtime allowance stating it is legal requirement that girls are not allowed to do OT. How can that differentiation be allowed?

See if you are in Dubai so there labour laws will apply on u. In india the scene is different. I thought that dubai govt will be having rules about female labour and OT. Find out rules. Consult native labour officer in dubai.i hope u will get your allowance.

Firstly we will have to the see the company's overtime policy. The company's overtime policy would be outlined in the Standing Orders of the company. As per Indian laws, you are only required to work 48 hours a week, or maximum of 60 hours with breaks. If you are working more than that, you are definitely entitled to overtime.

But then again, this is as per company policy and no labour officer ever checks whether the MNC companies are following the laws or not. So chances are, you will not be getting your overtime.

You can send a formal complaint to the company HR stating your grievance.