Labour laws for autonomous bodies following central government rules

I am B.com, permanent employee of an autonomous institute following central government rules. The institute is forcing additional duty of a Librarian on me without any additional financial benefits or promotion. A qualified Librarian exists In the Institute and is being transferred from the Library to do clerical duties. I have no qualifications required for the post of Librarian as specified in the Institute's Recruitment Rules. Can I refuse. Which law can be referred in this matter.

First of All you must send a demand notice through your Lawyer or union( on behalf of You) and 15 days notice will be served upon the mgmt/company and if the management compromise and refund your amount then good otherwise you will have to file a complaint before labour cum conciliation officer of your area where have lastly worked and they will try to settle your matter like a arbitrator but if the dispute is still exists then conciliation officer send your dispute to governer of the state delegated the power to state labour commissioner and they may refer ur dispute before labour tribunal or may not.I have told you the actual procedure so consider about it and take a initial steps to get your right.