Labour laws for autonomous bodies following central government rules

I am, permanent employee of an autonomous institute following central government rules. The institute is forcing additional duty of a Librarian on me without any additional financial benefits or promotion. A qualified Librarian exists In the Institute and is being transferred from the Library to do clerical duties. I have no qualifications required for the post of Librarian as specified in the Institute's Recruitment Rules. Can I refuse. Which law can be referred in this matter.

Answers (1)

164 votes

First of All you must send a demand notice through your Lawyer or union( on behalf of You) and 15 days notice will be served upon the mgmt/company and if the management compromise and refund your amount then good otherwise you will have to file a complaint before labour cum conciliation officer of your area where have lastly worked and they will try to settle your matter like a arbitrator but if the dispute is still exists then conciliation officer send your dispute to governer of the state delegated the power to state labour commissioner and they may refer ur dispute before labour tribunal or may not.I have told you the actual procedure so consider about it and take a initial steps to get your right.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles