×

quesIs it defamation if employer mocks performance level via e mail?

I have been asked by my employer to resign from the post through email on the grounds that my performance is not up to the mark, as I have not stopped a Govt. official to take the photographs of the establishment under a special drive.

My two months' salary is also withheld without any reasons. I have got no letter for my illegal dismissal and stoppage of salary. Now the Case is with the labour court. Can I also go for defamation?

On the basis of the facts mentioned by you, we do not see a possibility of a Defamation case against your employer as no where has this been mentioned in your query as to how have the actions / inactions of your employer affected your public / private image and standing.

The remedy available to you is in the labour court, which as stated by you, is already under process. Let us know if you need any assistance with the same.

• Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services