Is calling female sub-ordinate on a non working day an illegal issue?

Is calling a female subordinate on a non-working day an illegal issue? I am a sales trainer in a BPO. One of my trainees has falsely implicated allegations that I called her on a non-working day and I was drunk, which I was not.

I did call the trainees because they were about to graduate to production floor on Monday and there were clarifications needed from that employee as she was getting negative about the company and making others negative as well.

Please guide me.

Answer

Calling a female subordinate on a non-working day for official work / clarifications is per se not illegal. Illegality comes only in case of any personal conduct / remarks / discussions / comments / abusive terms. 

Another point to be seen is the terms and conditions of the appointment of BPO and also, the working environment that is, whether the female subordinate is temporary or permanent.

For any further opinion you have to narrate the events/discussions with some more details. It is not clear whether you called her electronically or via a telephone call or you required her personal appearance in the office or any other place. 

Did you report her behavior immediately to your superiors? Whether there have been any such incidents in the past or any disagreement on similar issues also needs to known.

We can provide you with a comprehensive advice once you furnish all the required details mentioned above.