illegally terminated from company what legal action can I take

I am working with a private company have been terminated without assigning a reason. What legal action can I take?


Your employment with a private company is governed by the letter of appointment issued to your by the company and comes under the ambit of Contract Act. We would like to know few more things before we can advise you:

If you signed any contract of employment before joining the company?

If so, what were the terms of termination of employment in the contract?

If there is no provision stating clearly that your employment can be terminated at any time without issuing any notice then ofcourse you can take legal recourse. The first step of which will be to send the company a legal notice.

We would like to know your monthly salary and the designation of your job so that we can clearly determine if you are protected by Industrial Disputes Act or not.

If you are working at a salary less than Rs.10,000 per month and are not working in a supervisory position, you fall under the jurisdiction of Industrial Disputes Act and should file a written complaint to the Assistant Labor Commissioner who will take required legal action against your company.

On the other hand, if your monthly salary is above Rs.10,000 and / or you are at a supervisory position, your employment with a private company is under the jurisdiction of the contract act and will be governed by your employment contract. Please note that civil courts cannot grant reinstatement and the only relief available to you is to recover your legitimate dues from the company inline with your employment contract.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
23 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Similar questions

I am working tata AIA life as a branch manager at kota. Prior to tata I was working star union dai-ichi and prior that I was working reliance life ins…

Read More

I have been terminated from my service after 25 years citing reasons of poor performance. I was not given a prior notice nor was I granted an opportun…

Read More

I made a complaint to the labour court against my illegal termination. My 2 months salary has not been paid by my employer. The Labour Inspector …

Read More

I was working with Aviva Life insurance under 3rd party. I had an issue with one of the managers and I was told by Aviva life that my salary will be g…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue