Illegal termination of service how can I get compensated quickly

My company made me redundant without giving any notice which is against the appointment letter. It has also withheld my salary for last 4 months. I reached out to labour commissioner Kolkotta but looks like my application is in a big queue. What should I do?

Answers (1)

78 votes

If you are workman and illegally retrenched and your Wages are withheld, relief and remedy you can get under the I D Act and payment of wages Act. Contact area Astt Labour commissioner and raise an ID u/s 2A of the ID Act.Should you feel assistance is required, contact lawRato for instructions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles