I passed final SSC exams but department is not giving me job

I appeared in an exam for government job conducted by SSC and in the final result I was selected. A department was allotted to me. Now this department is saying that I do not possess the required educational qualifications. They are citing different educational qualifications which were not there in the notice given by SSC. SSC is saying that I am eligible but this department is not giving me job. One year has passed after the final result and this department is not giving my job. Please advice what to do . Is it legally binding for SSC to give me a job as I am eligible according to them.

This is a perfect situation for filing a writ petition and seeking appropriate remedies. As per the practice and relevant legal provisions, the department cannot deny your appointment to the department. To begin with we should send a strong legal notice to the department and ssc and if they fail to take action, we can go to court.

What are you will for? File writ before HIGH Court under article 226 and seek relief. Immediately contact good service side lawyer and get relief.
You have excellent case. Go with full details. Notification for exam any call letter etc. All the best.

You can certainly take the government to court over this by filing a writ petition. You could also file a petition before the appellate authority to claim your right of appointment after selection. I would recommend that you start by sending the concerned department a legal notice.