I passed final SSC exams but department is not giving me job

I appeared in an exam for government job conducted by SSC and in the final result I was selected. A department was allotted to me. Now this department is saying that I do not possess the required educational qualifications. They are citing different educational qualifications which were not there in the notice given by SSC. SSC is saying that I am eligible but this department is not giving me job. One year has passed after the final result and this department is not giving my job. Please advice what to do . Is it legally binding for SSC to give me a job as I am eligible according to them.

Answers (3)

95 votes

This is a perfect situation for filing a writ petition and seeking appropriate remedies. As per the practice and relevant legal provisions, the department cannot deny your appointment to the department. To begin with we should send a strong legal notice to the department and ssc and if they fail to take action, we can go to court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

95 votes

What are you will for? File writ before HIGH Court under article 226 and seek relief. Immediately contact good service side lawyer and get relief.
You have excellent case. Go with full details. Notification for exam any call letter etc. All the best.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
239 votes

You can certainly take the government to court over this by filing a writ petition. You could also file a petition before the appellate authority to claim your right of appointment after selection. I would recommend that you start by sending the concerned department a legal notice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles