How to take action against my employee for defamation?

I have a business of selling different sports products in Lucknow and Delhi. One of my ex-employee, whom I had fired because of his unacceptable activities, is trying to defame my shop by giving false information to customers about the quality and durability of the products sold by me. What legal action can I take against him?

Answer

You must issue a legal notice to your ex-employee regarding the defamatory remarks and comments made by him to influence your customers. You can further ask him to apologise and refrain from making such remarks again.

If he continues to make such derogatory remarks, you can sue him for defamation and seek adequate damages and also prosecute him for the same.

It is best to take the assistance of a lawyer for drafting the legal notice or for any other legal procedures.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
New Friends Colony, Delhi