How to recover last salary from ex employer

I was working with a corporate company for the past one year and resigned after serving the notice period. its been 65 days that i've left but my final salary is not yet settled. at first they told me my salary would be credited to me within this month. but now they are asking me to wait for 90 days. I haven't seen anywhere in my agreement such a rule of the company. I would like to know is there any law stating such a thing? How long does an employee need to wait for her final salary to get? Please clarify my query. Thanks in advance

Answers (2)

61 votes

Has other matters been settled? If so, you may initiate legal action. However, this could be time consuming and may involve much expense. As a preliminary step, you may serve a Notice through a lawyer. That may settle the issue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

148 votes

Try to settle the matter amicably now. Make a representation to the company in this regard threating to approach the court and give some specified time then also if it is not working approach the nearby police station try for settlement with the help of police if then also that's not working then approach the court.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles