How to protect myself if labourer got injured on construction site

One of person is working on my father's tube well repairing work. Due to accident a electric pole failed on that person resulting his backbone has injured. My father gave him immediately 1 lakh rupees for treatment. Till now that person is not cured properly.... Till now no FIR has laudged by them. They are trying to laudged FIR again us through court. Now what the Leagal action they can take against us and how can we defend..?

They can approach criminal as well as civil court, if no fault in your part your father can be defended properly. Or you can go for settlement by approaching him directly. You can entered into a Memorandum of understanding with him.