How to overcome employees coming for the interview but not taking job

Hello, offlate there are too many No-Shows happening out from the prospective employees. it is happening something like this : we select an applicant, negotiate CTC and agree on joining date. Candidate acknowledges formally on joining and are rejecting just on the day or a day before reporting to the duty. this is showing up too much loss in terms of productivity to the orgnaisation. i understand this has been a trend but is there a way we can tackle this with the prospective employee. intent is definitely not to create problem to these guys who just does not value the importance of a formal contract

Dear Employer,

I can understand your difficulty. You can put up a clause while they acknowledge to join, inform them clearly that if they don't join even after confirmation and without assigning any valid/genuine reasons then there will a penalty of 50k to them and company reserves its right to initiate appropriate proceedings for such violations.