How to file harassment case against the employer

I was ask to step down from position Sr.manager with treat of firing in cabin one to one meeting, with out any feedback during the year was put pip with low rating and no increment. I have good performance last 6 years 3-4/ want to remove and want me to resign

Answers (2)

301 votes

All complaints arising out of employment including those relating to unfair treatment or wrongful exaction on the part of the employer or his agent, shall be submitted to the manager or other person specified in this behalf with the right of appeal to the employer.

And if it doesn't work you can file your complaint to labour commissioner with help of a lawyers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

165 votes

The Employer has to give you a notice period, then only can they remove you. At this stage you should avoid legal action at the beginning. If the employer has harassed you, then you should make complaints to the HR department. Make sure you also file a complaint or approach a disciplinary proceeding in your place of work. This will add on to your evidence if wish to take further legal action. Even after all this your employer doesn't seem to stop the harassment against you then you can employ a lawyer and send out a legal notice.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles