How to claim visitation rights for my child?

I filed for a Divorce Petition (on the basis of Desertion – More that 4 Years , Cruelty) done by my wife. We have a 6 year old daughter. Just at the beginning of the case I requested the Judge to send this case to mediation center, which he did. This was done keeping in view that in case any mutual settlement comes in to picture. My wife asked me to deposit money of Fix deposit. I can do for my daughter so that she agrees for divorce. In my divorce petition I have already agreed to support my daughter. I am willing to make a good handsome amount of FD in my daughter’s account. This issue is regarding visitation rights. I need some visitations rights in the best interest of My Daughter. But my Wife does not want me to see my daughter through out my life. Please help me in taking any decision?

Answers (1)

219 votes
As per the facts stated above, you as a father possess the right to visit your daughter. No one can deprive a child of the love of his or her parent.

You can enforce your right to visitation by filing a case for child custody, in the event of your wife refusing to allow you to meet your daughter. Your rights will be upheld by the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles