How to calculate years of service if took one year unpaid leave

if i have availed one year leave (wihout pay). leave was approved by higher authority.then after one year i came and back and resume duty.that leave year my college has shown me as faculty to AICTE and they also shown me in salary slip to AICTE(all india technical education). since i have got all paper through RTI from AICTE. The college has given me gratuity for that leave year. now my quesion is it is my service is continuous service or one year break. because i have 1.availed full year gratuity. total 8 years(including leave year) gratuity they paid me 2.my name was registered in AICTE total 8 year for college approval 3. college also sent salary slip in AICTE but they have not paid me.

you can send a notice for gratuity . if the service is not break or discontinue by college without issuing written order but your leave has granted by higher authority ; so that your service is continue as per the settle position of law.