How to avoid notice period and not pay for it and get all documents?

I am working in a small IT company and have signed on a bond paper that has a court stamp of Rs.100. Condition in bond is that I have to stay 30 days in the company as a notice period if I resign from the company otherwise I will have to pay Rs. 25000. Company is not giving my offer letter and relieving and experience letters.

HR will give my letters after 30 days but I want to leave the company before the time (30days). How can I get all my letters without paying the Rs. 25000 and join the next company before the 30 days? The company is not even giving Xerox copy of bond paper. What should I do?

Answers (1)

109 votes

You can legally force the company to release your papers, however, you shall either have to serve the notice period or pay the amount of Rs. 25,000. 

Even if you initiate a suit against the company for release of your papers, the Court shall also direct you to pay the said amount or serve the notice period as such a condition is very common in all the employment contracts and cannot be said to be arbitrary or unreasonable for the Court to strike it down. You are bound by the contract and at your whim you cannot whittle out of it.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles