×

quesHow can I recover dues from my company and the cheque given to company

I had been worked for one small IT company XYZ for 2.5y . while i was there continuously 7months no salary and they created fake PF acc and arrears pending.. I Resigned and asked ” if ur pay my due , i will serve notice period or else i don’t want salary due and give my documents immediately “ . First 15 days they tried to take back my resignation .Daily I go to office asking my documents like this around one month over . Suddenly they sent one termination mail(due to misbehave.. ) started again blackmailed to take back my resignation. I had to join another company which i have already postponed joining date twice. I asked again and again hole day “ tomorrow i need to join new company “ Finally they demanded 60k to give docs ,That time i dont have any option and i had given through cheque with my tears..(I’ve all bank stmts,few payslips ,join and reliving docs). How can I take action for my dues and recover cheque ? if take what about BGV?

• ansMore than background verification, you need to focus on getting all the documents from your former company. You new company will understand. I advise you to send a legal notice and then initiate proceedings against the company before the Labour Commissioner/ Court.

Advocate Asha S Anand

Gandhinagar, Bangalore

• ansThe initial step for recovery of your pending money is to send a legal notice to the company.

In the legal notice we provide a stipulated time to return the money failing to do so, you would require to file a civil suit for recovery in the concerned civil court. Please note that you will have to pay the corresponding court fee as per the amount of recovery to file the recovery suit.

Advocate Siddhant Sharma

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only