How can death benefit be claimed

My died who was a govt employee in bihar pwd dept was died in 2010.That time we could not claim any benifit .Now we have claimed for benifit from govt but my father office demand death certificate.now prblm is that we have lost all document including death certificate so office denied our claim. Even not provide service book of my father and not supportive with us. Can we file writ petition and what is my Probablity to win the case.

Hello
As you are seeking query on the service matter , without going through the documents it is not possible to advise you but still , yes you have the remedy under Article.226 before Patna High Court.