Harassment by Employer, what legal actions can be taken?

Dear Sir/ Madam, I am working in IT MNC. I was harassed and badly treated by my colleagues and Supervisor for more than 4 months. I made complaint with my Manager. He did nothing on this and then I reached to Senior Manager, then to Associate Director, Senior Director and so on. All of the business leads including HR department started harassing me more and more. As a result of my complaint of harassment, I became soft target. They had threatened me to hold my confirmation and worst rating. I reported the same to HR too and also to all senior most authorities in Cognizant. But they did it. Please advice me about appropriate legal and police help. I have already made a complaint to labour commissioner. Thanks

Answers (2)

305 votes

Whilst rendering my all mental support with you,I wish have the following information:
A) Are you a lady employee?
B) What are the nature of harrasment? Please elaborate.
C) Being an employee of an organisation of repute, you and your employer both are guided by a set of mutually accepted service Regulations.Is there any breach in such Regulations by you or by your employer or by both?
I need specific answer from you on all
above queries for suggesting you appropriate legal relief.Kindly note that onus is on you to substantiate your allegations .
Should you feel to contact me in the matter, you may contact lawRato.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

177 votes

MY OPINION THAT i have follow your submission, and i think that you have absolute & legitimate right to move anywhere in your working place as an citizen of India, and have constitutional right & privilege to do any work &speck as you will, you have so many legal options to avail your legitimate right /rights.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles