Harassment at Workplace, please advise

I am a female employee in a private company. A month ago I suffered harassment by a male colleague as he shouted and yelled at me and threatened me of dire consequences in a busy area in office and thus ridiculed,maligned,insulted me and took away my peace of mind.I escalated the matter to HR who pushed it under the carpet and no action taken against the offender who continues to pass sarcastic remarks on me.What are my legal options ?

Answers (2)

186 votes

Dear Mam,
Its very important but you don worry. Its a harreshment case .You can dicsuss this with us. After all the reasons & Written statement to management . So you can contact us for free advise to help you.We always give free advose to Poor Persons & Women .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

289 votes

First of all u should go in nearest police station and tell all the facts there written as well as orally. U have to convince them to register FIR against persons u want. If they refuse to register FIR then approach to me we will register FIR through court. If u r victim in real, so bad and criminals must be punished.
Ur case is very good on merits and u must go fwd.
All the very best

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles