Had to resign due to health reasons company asking for compensation

I used to work in a MNC company in coimbatore . I resigned my job due to health resons doctor advised me to take bed rest . I conveyed this msg to HR and wanted resignation . But they told me if you want to relieve then you have to pay 48000 or to work for 2 months compulsory . But i didnt go for office till now they send me a letter you have to pay 48000 or we will take legal actions on you . I didnt sign any bond and i dont want any releving letter from company . What legal action that they can take aginst me??

Answers (1)

419 votes
Your employment in the private sector depends upon the employment contract. Employment contract governs the private employment. If you signed any employment contract and it was mentioned in the contract that you are liable to give two months notice period or compensation then you are suppose to do that. If no contract was signed then employer cannot ask you for the compensastion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles