Had to resign due to health reasons company asking for compensation

I used to work in a MNC company in coimbatore . I resigned my job due to health resons doctor advised me to take bed rest . I conveyed this msg to HR and wanted resignation . But they told me if you want to relieve then you have to pay 48000 or to work for 2 months compulsory . But i didnt go for office till now they send me a letter you have to pay 48000 or we will take legal actions on you . I didnt sign any bond and i dont want any releving letter from company . What legal action that they can take aginst me??

Your employment in the private sector depends upon the employment contract. Employment contract governs the private employment. If you signed any employment contract and it was mentioned in the contract that you are liable to give two months notice period or compensation then you are suppose to do that. If no contract was signed then employer cannot ask you for the compensastion.