Grounds to apply for Contempt of Court ?

Sir, I am working as a library assistant in a collage in Kerala (funded by central government) on contract basis(direct contract not outsourcing) since 2011.In 2016 the collage Principal advertised for 11 month contract for the same post which I am working.The intention was terminate me and appoint a new person for my post.I approached Kerala High court and got a stay order. In the stay order court said that the collage authority cant terminate me up to final judgement comes from the court or up to a permanent appointment is made. now coming to my quarry, The collage is planning to outsource me from the coming April.if they outsource me I become an employee of the contractor not the collage.and they will give me a new appointment order.if they do so can i file a contempt of court case? regards, 

Answers (1)

84 votes

As there is a pending matter, the opinion of your counsel is what matters. Anyhow, if there is a change in your status, he can bring it to the notice of the High Court. However, it may not be prudent to rush to the court on unverified information.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles