Government contractor. Can government stop our payments for work done?

We are turnkey contractors for electrification work. We have been working for the Government for quite some time now. So while executing our work this time, we had raised the bill for the entire supply of the material at the beginning and now the project is nearing its completion and we have supplied the entire material and erected most of it.

But due to some officials an enquiry is being conducted and the government has stopped all our payments. Kindly guide me as on what can the government do if the enquiry report goes against us.

Answers (1)

278 votes

Even if the enquiry goes against you, you can file a civil suit for the recovery of your amount of the material supplied and the services provided.

However, if after the enquiry, a criminal complaint is registered against you, then based on the sections involved in the said complaint, we shall provide you with the appropriate remedy.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles