quesForced by senior to resign. Salary pending. What action should I take?

I have been forced to resign by my seniors after they argued with me and abused me in the office conference room. They threatened me with dire consequences if I did not resign and said that if they terminate me, it will have bad effects on my career and I resigned under the pressure 2 weeks ago.


I was a star performer in the company and had done nothing wrong apart from complaining about the wrong doings of my new boss to his seniors.


What should I do now? I want my 2 months salary and how do I get justice for the harassment that I have gone through? I was working in a managerial role.


  • ans


    As you have stated that you were forced to resign without any notice or cause, you have a strong prima facie case against the company for illegal termination and non-payment of salary. You have to file a civil suit against the company for claiming your full and final settlement along with damages and compensation. You will not be able to claim reinstatement from the civil court. (Civil Court cannot set aside termination of private sector employees) You have the following points in your favour:


    i. Breach of contract: You were forced to resign without any cause


    ii. Intimidation / Bullying / Verbal Abuse at work place


    iii. Non-payment of salary


    iv. Star Performer


    You may even register a complaint against the officials for workplace harassment. You should initiate action by giving them a legal notice stating all your issues and follow by further legal recourse if the notice does not get you the desired relief.


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can i start my own company in information,tech without any releaving letter,termination letter from my…
Sir i worked in LIC as temporary assistant for 85 days from june 91 to…
Hi unfortunately i have terminated from an pvt ltd company . My pf is still…

Sir, The Division Bench of Delhi High court in a writ passed an order in…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly